Saturday, July 16, 2022

Christmas in July Part 2

 




My cross stitchy neighbor, Kathy and I just uploaded our Christmas in July part @ video.  I was so excited to share Kathy's stunning Christmas samplers.  I even highlighted the one piece of Christmas cross stitch I have finished.  It's just missing the bow and miniature rolling pin on the top.  

This piece was made from 2 charts I printed from the Just Cross Stitching magazine DVD I bought that has all issues from 2001 to 2010, including the Christmas ornaments issues.  I just love how the Prairie Schooler Santa fit on top of the Good to Be Fat and Jolly Quote one.  Can't wait to finish off the top and put up in my kitchen this Christmas.  

Two of the other items I shared  were the Christmas Planner Notebook I made and the little booklet, covered with Graphic 45 papers to hold my "Christmas Chart Catalogue".  

For the Chart Catalogue folder, I used the same technique shown in our Floss Book Tutorial Video to make the book.  Then I cut some "library pockets" from craft paper with my Cricut and then printed and cut some "library cards" from a pdf I downloaded.    I am loving how easy it was to make and how easy it is to use to document all the facts about the Christmas cross stitch pieces I am working on.  I plan to add small pictures of the cross stitch pieces when they are complete.  It was so much fun using some of my older Christmas scrapbook papers and stickers and things to decorate the pages. 


The Christmas Planner notebook I made was inspired by a darling "free" chart from TangledThreads andThings 

I was so delighted to find this darling chart and had to stitch it right away.  It goes perfectly with the older  K and Company scrapbook papers I was hoarding.  Even found an avocado green binder at Office Depot that matched the papers perfectly.  Don't overlook the cute Noel Pillow chart that is on the Tangled Threads and Things site.  It is so charming!


And what's a Christmas celebration without something chocolate and made with a little holiday spirit?  Kathy and I are sharing some of our favorite holiday recipes and makes with each other.  My contribution to this week's celebration was a Bacardi Rum Cake.   You can find the recipe online at the Bacardi site, just be sure you are over legal drinking age to make this oh so rich cake!

Kathy shared her Marinated Grilled Shrimp Recipe.  They were great.  I just need to figure out how to keep Kathy bringing over the delicious goodies from now on when we tape our videos.  You can find the recipe on the Freebies page of this blog. 

It was such a thrill for me to get to see just some of Kathy's favorite Christmas samplers she has stitched throughout the years.  Each one was a masterpiece.  To see more just watch our video.  

Hope you enjoy and Merry Christmas in July to you!
Molly D









1 comment:

  1. Molly, what is the magnifier lamp from Amazon that you referred to in your video. I would like to be able to try linen but would need help to see it. Thanks. Love watching you and Kathy

    ReplyDelete