Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happiest of Holidays to all

Just wanted to take a moment and share my prayers of best wishes for you and your families today.  I hope that the upcoming year brings you all health and happiness and joy. 

Here are just a few pictures of the decorations I made and put up this year.  I was so inspired by the wonderfully talented ladies and gentlemen on youtube and all the art they share. 

Hope you enjoy and again...best wishes and all joy to you and your family!
 The picture above is of the hurricane candleholder that sits on our buffet..but I dressed it up for the holidays with lots of ribbons and "sugared" fruits.

This is the top of our tree.  I just love the addition of the turquoise color to our traditional Christmas colors. 
 Here are some candles that have greenery and blinged out buttons added to give them a more holiday spirit.


 These are the two reindeer we have on either side of our fireplace mantel.  The turquoise tree above ws made with a paper mache tree, sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang and then covered with filigrees, rhinestones, buttons and jewelry pieces.  I love how it came out.  I was inspired by the beautiful trees I saw on ArtfullyMusings blog.  She is so incredibly talented. 






The paper boxes below were on sale at Michaels and I couldn't resist.  I had so much fun adding ribbons and lots of nuts and berries, fruits and balls to them...just perfect for adding a dramatic touch to "fill in" an empty corner.


 I used some of my favorite beads and crystals and made sparkly drops for candles and lamp pulls.  So easy and such an elegant touch...

Below is a 12" by 12" mosaic I made last year, following a simple tutorial I saw on youtube.  It has turned into one of my favorite pieces.  Just imagine what you could do with your favorite bits and baubles.


I know, I know...it's probably so old fashioned, but I just love birds.  And this glittery pair look just too too sweet perched on my desk...and when the candles are lit...they glisten and sparkle...just love 'em...

Well, again...happy holidays to you and yours.  And may all your days be merry and bright.  Here's to a joyous new year for us all! 

Have fun creating!
Molly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly, thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us. Your Christmas decorations of so elegant. I love your royal colors. I think the mantel is my fav, but your tree is gorge. You have a lovely home. Wishing a New Year full of blessings to you and your.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete