Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Bust my Stash Challenge!

     Well, I am packing for a super fun weekend crop and getting started packing.  Recently a wonderful friend ( hello, Barbara) told me about a facebook group built around encouraging you to use older papers from your stash.  ( The name of the Facebook group is 100 Pattern Paper Challenge.  It's a closed group you can ask to join.)  Yes, challenge yourself to use 100 sheets of your older papers.  So this time I am packing differently. And wanted to include you in the fun!  Leave a comment below and be entered to win a small prize from my "stash"  

My papers are separated into plastic totes, into categories:  Vintage feminine, vintage masculine, grunge masculine,  beach, vintage family, retro bright, baby, wedding, etc.  And of course I have whole totes of branded papers:  Prima, Anna Griffin, Graphic 45, Basic Grey, Kand Co, etc.  Well, truth be told, some brands actually have two large totes, each.  

So this weekend I am bringing a whole tote of retro bright papers and And loads of embellishments, that coordinate.  My goal is to power push myself to create as many layouts as I can, being sure to count how many sheets of paper I actually use.  Equally important, I hope to weed out and give away any papers that I can finally admit I will never, ever, never use.  (Don't expect that pile to be too too high...I am a hoarder, after all.)  

Another idea I enjoy is making "embellishments" from all the scraps.  Pinterest is loaded with great pictures and ideas on how to make tags and embellishments using your stash.  Think it will be great fun to do some at the crop!  Head to My Pinterest Embellishment Ideas Board to see lots of great ideas.   I will be sure to post pictures as I complete a few this weekend!

Have you ever done this type of challenge for yourself?  If so please share any ideas or pictures you have of different ways to "bust your stash".   Comment or leave a picture idea below and I will put your name in a drawing for a few things from my "stash".  Wish me luck and hope to see you at the crop!

On another note, 
Wanted to share a picture or two of the newest kits I have for sale!


Please visit my Scrapbook layout page on this blog to see and shop all the latest kits I have available.

Hope you are having fun "crafting memories",
Molly D




No comments:

Post a Comment