Saturday, December 10, 2016

Cookie Recipe Swap Mini Album


 What a blessing!  I went to a crop in Crowley, LA last month with an incredible group of ladies called "Scrapbooking with Friends".  Paula and Margie host this group and each month is a wonderful treat.  But oh my Heaven's above, November was over the top!

Several of us croppers participated in a Cookie Recipe card swap and man oh man, did the ladies out do themselves in the creativity department.

So then the burning question becomes....how do I showcase these treasures?  Need to be protected, but I definitely want to use the recipes...hmmm.  And it's got to be cute, so I can count it in as part of my holiday decorations.

Well, after a month of toying with the ideas of making a box, binding them with my Cinch, trying to find a cute 6 x 6 mini album, I got a tap on the shoulder from above.

Late one night while I was sleeping, I swear, an jolly Christmas angel tapped me on the shoulder and said....with quite an attitude..." Girl, you are trying to use up your supply stash...don't you even remember you have those 6" x 12" Bazzill albums.  You've had for years!  Use the darn things!"

So not one to argue with an angel, I got up, dug out one of those mini's and voila...it was perfect for these darling recipe cards.  

Now those creative ladies did throw a few curves in the planning in how to display these recipes.  Some had pull outs, some had pokey outey embellishments, some had decorations that went past 6".  But no worries...I just "reshaped" a few of their pokey outies.   And got out the double sided extra strong tape and taped the ones with flaps and flips and pull outs directly on the outside of the page protectors.  



A small group even made pages that both sides just had to be seen, so I made sure that happened, too.  Then I  took a few extra minutes to "compose" what pages I wanted to show in a two page spread.  Now I just love love love my new recipe book.

Lucky for me, there was even a spot or two to put pictures in to remind me of the wonderful group of ladies that come together once a month to create.  Oh, and on that note, I did make sure to rewrite the names of each lady on the front of the card or on the pull outs.  I know I will want to remember exactly who gifted me with these amazing recipes.

Now that this project is done, I just need to make my shopping list, head out to the store for all the sweet ingredients and a new pair of two of stretch pants.  

Don't you just love Christmas!  And especially sharing the joy with good friends and family.  Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you and yours....now about those cookies....can't you just smell the vanilla in the air....

Joy to you all and have fun crafting!
Molly D









1 comment:

  1. Very cute and great idea. My Cookie Swap at work is on Monday. Great idea and looks fun!

    ReplyDelete