Thursday, July 13, 2017

Having fun with Touches of Textures Stamp Set




The Touches of Texture stamp set from Stampin' Up! is so much fun to play with.  From the sophisticated, impressionist florals to the grungy, yet delicate accent stamps, it is a very rich palette of styles that allow you to create beautiful cards with lots of depth and texture. 

I had so much fun playing with these, I did a video to share just how easy it was.

This set is so large it takes two boxes to hold it.  And each and every stamp in it is sure to become a favorite to be used over and over again.  

Once i got started making these Thank You cards, I just couldn't stop.  I used several colors including:  Flirty Flamingo, Berry Burst, Daffodil Delight, Dapper Denim, Sweet Sugarplum and Calypso Coral.  

I started by cutting a card base of each color.  I just cut each into half, leaving me with two pieces, each 5 1/2" tall by 8 1/2" wide.  Then I scored at 4 1/4" and used my bone folder to get a sharp crease.

From Very Vanilla cardstock, I cut layers for the inside of each card, 4" wide by 5 1/4" tall.
Also from the Vanilla cardstock I cut two pieces for the front of the cards. 
One piece was approximately 2 3/4" wide by 5" tall.  That was the layer  I used to stamp the flowers and accent stamps onto.  The other piece was just 1" by 3".  I used the Thank You stamp from the Daisy Delight Stamp set.

Then on most of the cards I used Old Olive cardstock to cut the backing for the layers.
Those pieces would be 3" wide by 5 1/4" tall and 1 1/4" by 3 1/4" for the smaller background behind the thank you.  

Each card base was first stamped in the matching color ink with floral stamps to give it a subtle print.  Then the same ink colors were used to stamp the flowers and most of the grunge stamps.  I did use Crumb Cake to stamp the little jumbled alphabet stamp, just to add a more grungy look on some of the cards.  No two are alike.  I just had fun stamping and playing with the colors.  

So take a minute and enjoy the video.  And be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! store.  I named my store and Facebook page escapetoinspiration, and I hope this set will inspire you to just take some time to play with color and get a little inky.

Have fun crafting!
Molly D





No comments:

Post a Comment