Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Card Making with Stampin Up's New Ornate Garden coming April 1!

Hello, everyone!   I know we are all under some levels of stress, doing our parts to fight this Covid-19 outbreak.  But here's a great idea to entertain you and get your creative juices going...create hand crafted cards and mail out to all your friends and family.  And don't forget to leave one in the mailbox for your sweet mail person or one for your delivery drivers. If you're like me UPS and Fedex are helping keeping me safe by keeping me home.  

And  Stampin'  Up! is launching a beautiful new Suite...a super suite...showcasing and available April 1, 2020 that will be perfect to brighten everyone's day.  It's called Ornate Garden.  

As a demonstrator I was lucky to be able to order earlier, and have been having a wonderful day, crafting with all the beautiful products from this set.  Here are a few cards I was able to create, highlighting many of the dies and stamps from the new Ornate Garden Suite.  Plus, I pulled out some of my other favorite papers and stamps to add to the fun.  

No, you don't have to buy the whole suite, but it is jammed packed with every item that coordinates to maximize the beauty of this Ornate Garden collection. 

You will be able to order the entire Suite, or just the pieces that you would like to get started with on April 1 thru my Stampin' Up! store HERE Just a reminder, if you order anything thru my Stampin' Up! store, I will be sending you a special thank you gift for your order.  


But, while you have a minute or two to relax and get to crafting, here are some close ups of the cards I created with the new items and lots from my Stampin' Up! stash.  I used our Whisper White cardstock for the base layer to create a top fold, 5 1/2" wide by 4 1/4" tall card.   Then layered on a 5 3/8" by 4 1/8" print from our Woven Threads Designer Paper.  The white die cut layer is using one of the new Ornate Garden dies.  The Hello There  is from the I Say Hello stamp set. ( I used a mask to keep the little box that comes on the "hello there" stamp from getting inked.)

I stamped the large floral from the set onto Whisper White paper with Versamark ink and then heat embossed with Gold Powder.  With a water brush and my Stampin Up inks, I just colored between the lines to create this large focus piece.  Yes, I fussy cut out the image, but it it is so large it was super easy. 

This next three are all made with side folding card bases that are 4 1/4" wide by 5 1/2" tall.   This Thanks ever so much one uses a piece of 2019-2021 six inch by six inch Designer Paper fresh Terra Cotta Tile Check and another of the dies from the new suite.   The soft bow was made using some of the ribbon from the Ornate Garden suite, too.  The Thanks ever so much sentiment is from one of the new sets, coming out April 1, 2020.  


Once again, I used a 4" wide by 5 1/4" tall piece of the Woven Threads Designer Paper for one of the layers, placing it over a 4 1/8" by 5 3/8" piece of Seaside Spray Cardstock .  Another small piece of 2019-2021 Six by Six inch Designer Series Paper, cut to just 2" by 3/12"  was layered under one of the new dies.  This watercolor floral piece was made by stamping with Versamark on Whisper White, then heat embossing with whitre embossing powder.  Yes , it was a little tricky, coloring between these lines.  but I loved the soft look it gives. 


And lastly, I created this card using some of the upcoming Designer Series Paper from the new Ornate Garden Suite.  Both sides of each of the 12" by 12" papers are just stunning.  But I have to admit the Mint Macaron gold foiled paper used on this card is one of my favorites.  

The Leaves are made with one of my favorite punches, from more of the 6' by 6" Designer series papers. This one is Old Olive from the Regals 6" by 6" Designer Series Paper.  The darling daisies are made with the Medium Daisy Punch.  And those fuzzy centers are Perennial Essence Flower Centers.  They add such a lifelike look to these flowers.   I just love using them.  The "you are Amazing" sentiment is from the Band Together Bundle.  This is a gorgeous set that also has some beautiful dies.  

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I've been playing with lately.  And please don't hesitate to leave a comment and let me know what you are doing to keep busy during this stay at home time.  

I hope you all are staying safe, and creating loads of beautiful memories.  

Hugs,
Molly D







No comments:

Post a Comment