Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall Layouts...with Basic Grey's Curio collection





 The challenge was to use the colors: brown, moss green and orange...What challenge?  Well MBTreasurista's September color challenge, of course! Here's the link for this challenge...be sure to join the fun...
http://mbtreasurista.blogspot.com/2012/09/mbs-treasurista-color-creative-challenge.html

So I pulled out my stash of Basic Grey's Curio line (don't worry, there's still a back up supply in the vault) and got to work.  I love these colors and this challenge was great fun.  My first pages were very tailored, my usual style. I made the flowers for the top of the page using some fall raffia from Misty's store and a few chipboard and diecut pieces from the Basic Grey line. 






 

 The flowers were easy and have the fall feel of dried flowers I was looking for.  The embellishment with the butterflies off to the side is actually from the packaging from the card kit I bought on sale from Basic Grey.  Together, just too easy and yet gave just the right look.
                                                        




Next, I used some beautiful upholstery trim I bought years ago and one of my favorite Prima blings with lace and flowers, a few chipboard pieces from the collection and fell in love with this vintage looking page. 

I was at a weekend getaway crop, with some incredibly talented friends.  They were all working on beach and Disney and fun girly girl pages, but me...well of course I was having so much fun with my vintage looks and fall colors.

 On this page, I took some light gold lace I had, sprayed it brown with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray and it perfectly matched the lace printed on the paper.  I made the pearl center, following a tutorial on Cynthialoowho's channel. 

I am still trying to have the perfectly layered looks of embellisments that I see on so many layouts from great artists, like Gabrielle and Stephanie.  I just admire their creations so much and am so inspired by their art.

Back to my more simple style, I layered some borders on the edge and die cuts along the top.  Then used the gorgeous brown braid trim from https:/mbtreasurista.com and the look was just masculine enough.  (I know, about the flower, it is a printed paper flower from Prima, and it is masculine if I want it to be....teehee)

 The last 12 x 12 layout I did with the Curio line this weekend was this one with the "fancy" cutting.  I just tore the paper for the two corners, then cut out several more and popped them up to hang over the edge of the picture.  And of course I could not get thru the weekend without a butterfly somewhere...teehee.

I had a few scraps, oh who am I kidding, I had lots of scraps, so I made at least one little card with a border punch, some lace and a beautiful die cut.  But my favorite part of the card is the gorgeous died ribbon from abbyandellie an incredible little shop on etsy.  I know my card doesn't have a title yet, but I'll just pop on a computer typed greeting when I need it...
Well thanks for stopping by, and be sure to visit Misty's blog and join the challenge!
Have fun scrapping!
Molly

1 comment:

  1. Molly...simply put...you inspire and amaze me everytime!!

    ReplyDelete