Friday, March 21, 2014

Vintage Lace Keepsake Mini Book



It was thrilling for me to play in my mother's century old stash of laces.  Yep, her stash included laces from her mother and grandmother and my favorite aunt.  All these incredibly talented crafters are in heaven now, but they passed on the love of fabrics and laces and ribbons and buttons to me.  And my sweet mom let me pick out some of my favorites from her incredible "stash" and take them home with me.


I couldn't wait to make a lace book like I had seen on other talented crafter's youtube channel.  But I couldn't help but think of how teaching and sharing crafting secrets has changed since my great grandmother and her daughters and sisters got together at quilting and embroidery  bees and shared there crafting talents with each other, passing on these gifts to future generations...   Now, I sit with my cup of coffee or glass of coke and just spend hours with talented crafters like:


Gladys at HeartofaGippsy on youtube
Lydia at Itripledogdareu on youtube
Chrissie at chrissiecrosser on youtube
Olga at madstamper64
Cheryl at delygirl1961 on youtube
Marlene at 4marlene1  ( the absolute queen of shabby chic in my opinion)
and so many many more


So here's a warm heartfelt thank you to all these wonderful crafters, past and present, who share their talents and warm family stories with us.  Salute!!!


hugs and have fun crafting,
Molly D

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear Molly, I found one of your videos by accident (mini album) and I absolutely fell in love with you and your work. Thanks for sharing your ideas and projects. I wanted to let you know that you inspired me, and without knowing it, encouraged me to create an album box. I posted it today, and I would love to hear your feedback. I love shabby chic with a touch of vintage, and I absolutely adore floral images. I hope you like my project. And again, thanks so much for sharing this lovely projects with us. I now follow you on Youtube and your blog. Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and my blog is: gracielliedesign.blogspot.com

      PD: This lace book is BEAUTIFUL!

      Delete