Saturday, May 14, 2016

Easy Tutorial for Making "Font Frame" Embellishments with Silhouette Cameo


So it's been less than a month since I received my Silhouette Cameo.  But let me tell you it's love at first cut!  I just uploaded a quick and easy tutorial.  

I am helping a friend finish her wedding album from over 30 years ago and wanted to use as many Anna Griffin pretties as I could.  Well that's where the fun started.  
I have dozens and dozens and more of Anna Griffin sentiment stickers left over from card kits I have bought.  But... they have sentiments like...with deepest sympathy, congrats on your new baby, get well soon...not exactly perfect for a wedding album.  So the challenge was: could I use my Silhouette Cameo, with our without Photoshop Elements 14 to recreate them into something just perfect for Pam's beautiful album?

And the answer is absolutely Yes!  

So if I could do this, could I make titles with Cameo that had that same timeless elegance that Anna Griffin is so loved and known for?  Again the answer is Yes!  I just used the Cameo Design screen, typed in some frames using specialty dingbat fonts, typed in the sentiment, made offset layers and voila ... coordinating titles.  And of course I couldn't stop there.  I had so much fun making sentiment stickers for greeting cards to cover up even more of the sentiments I wouldn't be using.  
Here's the video of how I did this so easily with the Cameo.  Below that is a list of fonts you might want to use if you are going to give this easy method a try.  




 Here's the updated video......

Easy Tutorial for making "font Frame" titles and embellishments with Silhouette Cameo


Fonts for Frames:
Vintage Frames by Sughayer Foundry
Calligraphic-frames-soft font by Intellecta
Kg-flavor-and-frames font by Kimberly Geswein

but enjoy a few minutes and head over to Dafont.com , search for frames or dingbat fonts and you'll find lots of fun sets, including some this pennants and flags!

Well I hope you enjoy this method, give it a try and keep sharing ideas.
Have fun crafting!
Molly D

No comments:

Post a Comment