Sunday, April 16, 2017

Picture Perfect Day! Spring Scrapbook Layouts

It is a perfect Spring day.  It's actually Easter Sunday and I am enjoying spending the day in my craft room and putting the finishing touches on some new scrapbook layouts.

Now anybody that knows me, knows vintage is probably my favorite style.  I love to grunge anything up and have a sweet, romantic vintage look.  So when I found this DCWV pad at Joanns I fell instantly in love.

I used that paper pad for these three layouts and just love how they each turned out.  It was so much fun to spray some of the flower layers with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.  Other layers were cut out from some printed papers I found to tie into the look.  I even cut some of the flowers and layers from vellum for this Picture Perfect layout.


Lace and butterflies add such a soft look to this Sweet Memories layout.  I actually dug thru my ribbon drawer to find the old heavier lace flowers and leaves.  Such a little bit added such a nice touch.

Now I know I could have added even more trinkets and treasures to them, but as always I find I hold back for a cleaner look.  My reasoning has always been that I want my pictures to be the focal point.  At least that's what I always tell myself.  It could also be that I am a little bit too lazy to keep rummaging thru my stash for the perfect piece to add in.  Either way, I love how these three turned out.
The last of  the three I finished up today is this "I will always Remember" layout.  Very little embellishing was done, but I really felt like the pictures and the old postcards tied in hand dyed ribbon tell the story.  So anywho, there you have it.  Three completed layouts!

Here's to a beautiful Spring to everyone and a blessed and happy Easter!
Have fun crafting!   Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment