Friday, January 19, 2018

Brusho Crystal Colours Card Backgrounds



Now that was fun!  Just got thru playing with my new Brusho Crystal Colours from Stampin' Up! to make some quick, easy and dramatic card backgrounds.  
 To create these backgrounds I used mixed media paper from my stash.  It was so easy.  I just enjoyed experimenting with techniques.  The first ones I made I sprinkled the crystals on to dry paper and then sprayed with water.  I was a little heavy handed with the water and it created more of a wash look, which was beautiful.  But I wanted to try to keep the textured look of the crystals, so I went back after papers dried a little and sprinkled more crystals on.  That worked pretty well, as you can see in the wizard card and celebrate you peach/orange card.  
 I then just kept playing with less water and even sprinkling the crystals on to paper that I had already sprayed with water.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching the colors bloom and spread, creating gorgeous effects. 
 Here are pictures of the backgrounds before stamping.  The new Brusho set from Stampin' Up! comes with five incredible colors.  But as you can see, each color has different color crystals mixed together, so the possibilities are endless.

 You can get some pretty dramatic effects by just using these.  I love how they mixed and played together.  





Here's the video of the cards!



I enjoyed using several different sets to stamp these cards.  Below is a list of the items used to create these cards:




 Brusho Crystal Colours 
 Birthday Blossom
Birthday Blossoms Clear Mount Stamps
Touches of Texture Clear Mount Stamps
Birthday Wit Clear Mount Stamps
Rose Wonder Photopolymer Stamps
Well, I hope you are having fun "crafting memories" this new year! 
Hugs,
Molly D



No comments:

Post a Comment