Friday, August 17, 2012

Finally finished...almost...with a fall mini...

Well, it's been almost a year, yep, a year, since I started this mini album.  I fell in love with the Tuscan Sunflower paper line from K and Co. after watching a youtube video.  Even though the video was already older when I saw it...I just had to have that paper line.  So the hunt was on! After days and nights of scouring the internet for the by then discontinued, gorgeous paper line...success!

And now, a year later...lol...I have finished..well almost... not yet filled with pictures...

The colors in this line are so rich and sun drenched, just like the name implies.  The prints are so boho chic.  I had never loved sunflowers til now.  These sunflowers are much more Vincent VanGogh and Tuscan inspired.  I love them.  I have always been an admirer of batik prints too, so this line just called to me. 

Now the style of mini I decided on was another of Kathy Orta's inspired designs.  Using craft envelopes and paper, I dug in. I so admire Kathy's work, and one of my favorite things I love is how here style is always focused on making the photos the star of the project. And man oh man do her minis hold a lot of photos.  With flips and flaps and tons of hidden photo mats, they are always fun to make and to just as fun to "explore" when done.    
 









Now about Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.  When deciding what to use to embellish this album, I knew I was going to need lots of fall flowers.  So out came the plain and not so favorite colored flowers and my Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays. and voila...just the rich colors I needed.  Yum...Lindy's sprays never disappoint...and of course I could not let one drop of the overspray go unused...I always spray on waxed paper, so the over spray won't get absorbed,




then I use it by sopping it up with plain white seam binding and voila again....dyed to match ribbon trim.   Well, thanks for stopping by, and I hope your summer is wrapping up well and your fall is starting off as beautifully as you hope...

Have fun scrapping,
Molly


2 comments:

  1. Hi Molly, this album is GORGEOUS! Do you still have any kits for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly, I'm absolutely in love with this mini. I'm dying to purchase a kit...where do I go to find them? I just about squealed out loud when you said there was kit at the end of your video and that it was ONLY $20! I SOOOO want one!! I love to watch your videos & get inspired to create!

    ReplyDelete