Saturday, January 19, 2013

A 12 x 12 Layout

Well, I had scraps from the toilet paper roll project on Lydia's TP Challenge I recently joined...sooooo....they were on the table...I really liked how the Tussie Mussies came out, so what else was there to do, but make a quick 12 x 12 layout. 

12 x 12's are actually my favorite paper crafting style...quick...you can put them away and not worry about dusting or finding shelf space and enjoy them with family and that one moment in time story they tell  for years to come...

I don't think these pictures are doing the color of the layout any justice, but this was some beautiful old paper I had saved, scraps really, that I just couldn't throw out...


So I just used the ribbons and trims from my recent Flights of  Fancy Boutique purchase, some old buttons and lace, I sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and bigger blooms pulled from a flower bush I had bought on sale at Micheal's to "repurpose".  
 
Added a few pieces of metal, a corner and beautiful filigree clock charm, both I had rubbed with gold Rub n Buff.  The corrugated cardboard piece behind the mat, well I stamped that with a beautifully detailed flourish stamp and used Tim Holtz Weathered Wood Distress embossing powder with it.
 
 
Last, but certainly not least, I think, I tucked a few feathers under the ribbon and was happy with how it turned out.  Perfect for a sepia family photo....
 



 

 
 
 
 
Thanks to everyone for joining in and especially for the wonderful comments you leave.  They really brighten my day!  

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far and enjoy some creating!  Have fun....Molly  


1 comment:

  1. Quick? Omgosh that would have taken me for ever. Its beautiful!! Sooooo adore the colors. So rich looking. *hugs* =0)

    ReplyDelete