Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My "Shades of Blue" Candy Station

I admit it...I am definitely a follower.  Or as prefer to say, I am moved to create from things I am inspired by....sounds better doesn't it.  Well Laura, of TheRobnLaura channel on youtube, has this most magnificent milk glass "candy station" for all our her most precious scrapbooking goodies. Beautiful pieces, overflowing with rhinestone buttons, laces and trims to die for....all of  it is truly beautiful, but I have not had any luck finding milk glass near me, soooooo

I turned to my favorite glass...anything in shades of blue....and got busy.  Every outting, I had my eyes open to find pretty blue bowls and plates, candleholders...things I could use to mimic Laura's beautiful creation...  I spent hours on line looking for rhinestone buttons.  I never knew I needed rhinestone buttons, till I saw Laura's video. Now I have the beginnings of a sparkling bowl full of the most gorgeous buttons... and will only have to work about a decade more to afford them....lol.

But at least a third of my craft table is now taken over and I am so happy with how it came out...





Laura also shared how she displays her laces wrapped onto beautiful silver knives...what a treasure trove.  But again, I tried something a little different and embellished tags I made and voila, my own lace treasure chests. 

So now when I sit down to craft, I am surrounded by some of my very favorite things...buttons, metal pieces, embroidery, ribbons, charms, bling and more buttons.  Thank you Laura for sharing your gorgeous creative space with us. 
























It may be a little much for a lot of people...but for me, it is my scrappy happy place...where I can see the wonderful crafts I have recieved in swaps,  incredible tags and flowers from Linda, charms and treasures from Olga and Marlene, dangles from Pat and Hannah and dozens of other talented crafters from around the world and soft sumptious crochet flowers from Cheryl and my oh so pretty hoard of treasures everytime I walk in and sit down, just waiting to inspire me. 

So I am wishing all of you a place where you can truly feel inspired and have fun creating...and to Laura...a very very special thank you!

Hugs,
Molly D






2 comments: