Monday, December 31, 2012

Let inspiration take you wherever it goes




 
This is how it started.... LiveArtNow's youtube on paper mosaics I just fell in love with the mixed texures and placement...


No, but first, actually, I was so inspired by Rach0113's mixed media canvas and her incredible abstract canvases .... the colors, textures, technique she uses....  and even before that, I loved Kate Palmer's free flowing creative techniques... I actually see myself trying to become free enough, brave enough to try...




 
but still...my heart and fingers kept longing for just a little more, some medium to create that would make all my senses just come alive...

So I wondered, what attracts me to art? What mediums, what colors, what textures is it that makes my eyes waken all my senses and makes my heart and soul really sing? 

Besides paper and fibers and buttons and colors and textures and metals... what else was missing?  For me it is rocks and glass... my first loves of art have always been glass and rocks...
So imagine how excited I was to travel thru the internet universe and stumble upon this incredible mosaic artist...how could I have not known she existed? 


Mosaics...I can use any and all mediums.... just look at what Sonia King  uses in her    unbelievably beautiful mosaics.  AND she's from Texas...Dallas,  right in my own back yard...

How did I not know?  So you can only imagine what my New Year's resolution is and I do mean I am "resolved" to try my hand, open my heart, let go of my fears...and experiment more...experiment more with mosaics.  I can't wait to get started...

I wish the best and most wonderful New Year for all of you. Be safe and happy... and let go of your fears and be creative...

Easy for me to say....know let's just see what happens...

Happy New Year,
Molly D

No comments:

Post a Comment